Shelby County Catholic School 2005 College Place Harlan, Iowa 51537 | Phone: 712-755-5634
Our Mission and Beliefs
Shelby County Catholic School, growing in faith with Jesus, is a family-oriented school committed to academic excellence.
In expressing the mission of Shelby County Catholic School, our primary aim and focus is to provide a program and learning environment where students will be able to realize their full potentials and capabilities, within the context of a Catholic Christian community and within an environment that nurtures faith, community, prayer, academics, and service
We believe . . .
- Each child is unique and gifted in different ways.
- A well-balanced education is a continuous process committed to the development of the whole person – spiritually, mentally, emotionally, socially, and physically.
- Parents are the primary educators and have the chief responsibility for the spiritual and moral growth of their children. The faculty and staff at Shelby County Catholic School will help parents in fulfilling this obligation.
- The responsibility of education is shared by the student, parents, families, school personnel, and parish communities.
- Through our teachings, students will learn how to carry out the Gospel message of Jesus Christ in their daily lives and become caring and responsible members of the community.
- Our curriculum and programs should foster, teach, and reinforce values based on Sacred Scripture, principles of social justice, and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Students can achieve academic excellence through a challenging curriculum and high expectations.
is the reason for this school.
He is the unseen but ever present teacher in the classes.
He is the model of its faculty
and the inspiration of its students."